Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thank you Chimes!

I would like to offer a moment of silence for the soon to be state of my dear Sadie. Within the month I'm sure she'll be shipped by the state of California to a junk yard where they will slice her and crunch her, crumple and cube her, and the car I spent years learning to drive in will look like a turd that would come from an oversized robot elephant.

Insert moment of silence here.

In other news, I have plenty to rant about Journal. My first order of business is, of course, to address a few issues the reside in my current residence, Biola University. Now obviously, THANK YOU LORD FOR BIOLA!!! But, it has come to my attention that they will be changing the mascot's costume from it's current lovable, yet fierce recognizable eagle that's snarl stirs passion in his people. Yes, they are changing it to a $4,000 air-conditioned, unstenched, brilliant colored, buffed up jersey complete with muscle suit and...wait what? MUSCLE SUIT?! Last time I checked, Journal, Eagles are known for their awesome "alpha bird" ness complete with NOT a muscle suit! I mean, c'mon?! What does that even mean? Has our Biola mascot been using the fitness center too, pumping some iron and getting ripped? Well, that's sounds nice...?

Moving on, recently the long awaited "Where the Wild Things Are" movie came to theatres and mixed opinions filled the cafe the day after it's premier. Personally, Journal, I have not seen this film, and most likely won't until I lottery or it comes to the blessed dollar theatre down the road. Until then, Journal, I can't really say anything about it, but anyone who has seen it should vote in the poll. That's all about that.

Well, Journal, that's actually all about anything I suppose. Life is good. GOD is good. And everyday brings something new. Whether it be the evidence of my weak ankles and clumsy height, or the few minutes I spend with someone in the bathroom helping them through one of the hardest times in their life, I always lean on the fact that as unimportant as the little things might seem, in the end, those little things make me who I am, and most likely who I will be. So, until next time friend, bye.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry to hear about your car.

    a moment of sillence!!

    You ar a good writer Devon. I am looking foreward to read more. Have a nide day. Bestemor

    ReplyDelete