Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Facebook me about it!

Journal, I'm pretty sure on a weekly basis I'm on Facebook enough that had that time been spent with the person instead of just "facebooking" them, I might actually appear to have a life. I mean, we're sometimes just a dorm away, sitting on our computers, chatting it up, when we both could actually get off our lazy butts and find each other.
I'm pretty sure A LOT of people are on Facebook enough to say this is true too. Why is it that we are so addicted to communication source that allows us to "Like" something by pressing a button and "poke"someone who is on the other side of the world? Have we been so accustomed to staying as physically far away from relationships as possible that we don't even realize how bad it is? I mean, I can call my friend and tell her over the phone that I'm going to the Caf in a few minutes and she can text me when she is running a few minutes late because she was skyping with her other friend. When we finally meet we can talk about the funniest video we saw on YouTube, and then stop in our track to go and watch this. Then we can realize the caf is closed and just go on pizzahut.com and order food that we can track the order of until it gets to our school, then we receive a call from the pizza man who is trying to locate Alpha Chi on his GPS, and we make the effort to meet him outside.
This is not about Facebook, Journal! This is about our world's dependence on technology! If computers just crashed, people would die. Not only because hospital equipment could go down, but the stress of not having an immediate connection to your life and the world would just break people. I remember a few years back, I heard on the news of some girl who took her own life because MySpace went down for like... EIGHT hours. No offense to the girl, but really? Journal, YOU are what I depend on to rant my most likely unimportant and relatively unnoticed opinons of the rest of the world's problems because I can't deal with my own because I am too busy on this stinking computer!
I can't say anything else but HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM! Technology. Until next time Journal, live a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment